We know the dental office can be a scary place for some. Especially those who have had bad experiences in the past (not at our office of course!). So here are some tips to help with that dreaded dental anxiety.
- Find a dentist you can trust. Sometimes it comes down to personality. You need to feel comfortable and secure that your dentist cares for your best interests.
- Distraction. Aren’t the 40 inch TVs on the ceiling the best. Watching television or listening to music can help you tune out and relax. So bring your headphones or tell us your favorite channel and you can escape into your favorite show or music.
- Sedation. Margolian Dentistry provides laughing gas and oral sedative pills to relax and make patients a bit drowsy during procedures. These work for children and adults.
- Regular check ups. Regular cleaning appointments are crucial for preventing cavities but are also important for catching problems early. This way we can treat the problem when it is small and avoid more invasive procedures.
- Don’t be a hero. If you are feeling nervous let us know. At Margolian Dentistry we want your experience to be as enjoyable as possible. So tell us what your worries are and let us help address them so we can treat you in the most comfortable manner.